Metalink Note#69642.1 is quite detailed.
1. corrupted sqlnet.ora file or invalid entries in sqlnet.ora ?
3. ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, TWO_TASK, PATH (which ORACLE_HOME/bin ?)
4. perms on $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle
5. unixid, gid etc
7. df -k $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit
9. Read permission on /etc/passwd (truss sqlplus to see that it
reads /etc/passwd !)
10. AIX 5.3.3 ML5 prevents / as sysdba. (see item 8 in note 69642.1)
Other references in that note
At 06:14 AM Thursday, Janine Sisk wrote:
>no matter what I do, I get an ORA-01031
>error when I try to connect with '/ as sysdba', which prevents
>dbstart and dbshut from working. I have worked with other 9i
>installations and have never had this problem before.
Hemant K Chitale